Monday, February 23, 2015

Synthesis & Transformation: In case/ In order to /No matter/ None/Never/ As long as/ Much to

In case/ In order to /No matter/ None/Never/ As long as/ Much to
1. Spend fifty dollars at this store. You will get a mystery gift.
In order to get a mystery gift, you have to spend fifty dollars at this store.

2. Brush your teeth and have a regular dental check-up. Then your teeth will not decay.
In order to prevent your teeth from decaying/ decay, brush your teeth and have a regular check-up.

3. I didn’t want to lose my key. I made a duplicate key.
I made a duplicate key in case I lost my key.

4. It was possible that they hadn’t heard me. I rang the bell again.
I rang the bell again in case they hadn’t heard me.

5. I was afraid of a virus attack. I installed an anti-virus software in my computer.
I installed an anti-virus software in my computer in case of a virus attack.


No matter /As long as/None/ Much


1. Diana looked everywhere for the ring. She could not find it.


No matter where Diana looked /how hard Diana looked for the ring, she could not find it.

2. I told him many times to find a job. He refused to find a job.
No matter ________________________________________.

3. If you don’t provoke the dog, it will not bite you.
__________________________ as long as _________________.

4. All the goldfish I bought died when I reached home.
None _______________________________________________.

5. I was disgusted by him. He blew his nose while at the table.
Much to _____________________________________________.

6. She wrote the note. Then she emailed it to her friend in China.
Having ______________________________________________.

7. Always wash your hands before eating.
Never _______________________________________________.

8. Celestine is more knowledgeable about computers than I do.
I don’t know as _________________________________________